Topics

Setup DAOS

asharma@...

I was trying to setup DAOS from scratch following the documentation. I am doing it from scratch because I have a ubuntu machine and can not use the RPM built. Also, I want to understand the project structure.
When I try to build from the GitHub link,
I get the following error. I understand it is while the setup is trying to install SPDK dependency. I even researched it online and found that some users had the same issue with SPDK but the ticket says the issue is fixed no from the SPDK side.

Error:
[...]
github.com/daos-stack/daos/src/control/vendor/gopkg.in/yaml.v2
github.com/daos-stack/daos/src/control/vendor/github.com/dustin/go-humanize
github.com/daos-stack/daos/src/control/lib/ipmctl
github.com/daos-stack/daos/src/control/provider/system
log/syslog
github.com/daos-stack/daos/src/control/logging
github.com/daos-stack/daos/src/control/common
github.com/daos-stack/daos/src/control/lib/spdk
github.com/daos-stack/daos/src/control/server/storage
github.com/daos-stack/daos/src/control/pbin
github.com/daos-stack/daos/src/control/server/storage/scm
# github.com/daos-stack/daos/src/control/lib/spdk
/usr/bin/ld: /home/ayush/daos/daos/install/lib/libspdk_util.so: undefined reference to `crc16_t10dif'
/usr/bin/ld: /home/ayush/daos/daos/install/lib/libspdk_util.so: undefined reference to `crc16_t10dif_copy'
/usr/bin/ld: /home/ayush/daos/daos/install/lib/libspdk_util.so: undefined reference to `crc32_iscsi'
scons: *** Error 2
scons: *** [build/src/control/bin/daos_admin] Error 2

I am new to this and understand this could be something really small. Any help will be deeply appreciated.
I also attempted running straight with the docker command which gives me this error:

I know the SConstruct file is in the daos repo's root directory but for some reason, it is not found by the installer.