Looking for a really simple guide

adam@...

Hi, for the past few days I've been struggling to a test instance of DAOS running.
I am literally trying to just spin up the smallest possible example of a system to examine the functionality in practice.
I have tried building from packages, the docker container, from source, all on CentOS 7, but have failed at various points.
My question is therefore, is there an easy to consume "for idiots" guide. I'm not new to this but the existing documentation is spread scattershot across various sections of the Administration and User Guides and has me going back and forth to get this implemented.
Is there a hidden gem of guidance out there that I've missed, on spinning up just a single system, without the need for SCM or NVMe, simply to demo the technology?

Durfey, Craig

Can you provide more details regarding this issue? Particularly:

  • What type of system are you are trying to enable?
  • Did you start from or use the CentOS setup guide?
  • If you used the CentOS Guide, what pieces of documentation would have been helpful to have contained in that Guide?

- Thanks in advance