Topics

How to setup a client to send request to a 2-server replication cluster

ping.wong@...

Hi all,

I am looking for a way to setup a client node (client1) to send single KV to a server node (server1) with a replica (server2)

I used the daos_test application (client) residing on the server1.  This works fine and replication works.

How can I run the client on a different node to run daos_test?  Which module should be loaded in this client node.

Please provide any required yaml files.   This node should not have any SCM or NVMe.   This node is on the same network with the other two server nodes.

Thanks

Ping

Lombardi, Johann

Hi Ping,

You just need to create the /var/run/daos_agent directory (or use our systemd unit files) and run the daos_agent on the client node (i.e. daos_agent -o yaml_file &). A template of the agent yaml file is available here and can be as simple as this if you don’t enable certificate:

access_points: ['hostname1']

transport_config:

    allow_insecure: false

HTH

From: <daos@daos.groups.io> on behalf of "ping.wong via groups.io" <ping.wong@...>
Date: Tuesday 26 January 2021 at 00:32
To: "daos@daos.groups.io" <daos@daos.groups.io>
Subject: [daos] How to setup a client to send request to a 2-server replication cluster

Hi all,

I am looking for a way to setup a client node (client1) to send single KV to a server node (server1) with a replica (server2)

I used the daos_test application (client) residing on the server1.  This works fine and replication works.

How can I run the client on a different node to run daos_test?  Which module should be loaded in this client node.

Please provide any required yaml files.   This node should not have any SCM or NVMe.   This node is on the same network with the other two server nodes.

Thanks

Ping

ping.wong@...

Hi Johann

Thank you for the reply.  The problem is that I am using daos_test as an example.   When I run "daos_test -K", it tries to connect to localhost:10001 instead of a remote host.  What need to be changed in daos_test in order to connect to remote host?

[1611668566.307887] [test48:16561:0]            sys.c:618  UCX  ERROR shmget(size=2097152 flags=0xfb0) for mm_recv_desc failed: Operation not permitted, please check shared memory

=================
DAOS Flat KV test..
=================
[==========] Running 1 test(s).
setup: creating pool, SCM size=10 GB, NVMe size=40 GB
ERROR: dmg: pool create failed: client: code = 535 description = "the server at localhost:10001 refused the connection"

Ping

ping.wong@...

Do you have another simple client example that I can use?  I would like to test daos_kv_put API on a client node.
Thanks

Ping

ping.wong@...

I found the problem.  I have to copy daos_control.yml to install/etc folder.

Lombardi, Johann

Happy that you were able to sort it out. Please let me know if you run into any other problems.

From: <daos@daos.groups.io> on behalf of "ping.wong via groups.io" <ping.wong@...>
Date: Tuesday 26 January 2021 at 16:46
To: "daos@daos.groups.io" <daos@daos.groups.io>

I found the problem.  I have to copy daos_control.yml to install/etc folder.