Topics

DAOS in Docker

helloworld@...

I'm configuring the DAOS in Docker with only-RAM emulation
When testing DAOS server, I met the /usr/bin/daos_io_server errors
How can I fix it ??

In details, "ERR  src/bio/bio_xstream.c:224 bio_spdk_env_init() Failed to init SPDK thread lib, DER_INVAL(-1003)"

I use the ~/daos/utils/config/examples/daos_server_local.yaml" as configuration file.

and

scm_mount: /mnt/daos

scm_class: ram

scm_size: 4

bdev_class: file

bdev_size: 16

bdev_list: [/tmp/daos-bdev]

Lombardi, Johann

Hi there,

Did you load the uio_pci_generic module in the kernel as specific in the note?

From: <daos@daos.groups.io> on behalf of "helloworld@..." <helloworld@...>
Date: Wednesday 12 August 2020 at 13:51
To: "daos@daos.groups.io" <daos@daos.groups.io>
Subject: [daos] DAOS in Docker

I'm configuring the DAOS in Docker with only-RAM emulation
When testing DAOS server, I met the /usr/bin/daos_io_server errors
How can I fix it ??

In details, "ERR  src/bio/bio_xstream.c:224 bio_spdk_env_init() Failed to init SPDK thread lib, DER_INVAL(-1003)"

I use the ~/daos/utils/config/examples/daos_server_local.yaml" as configuration file.

and

scm_mount: /mnt/daos

scm_class: ram

scm_size: 4

bdev_class: file

bdev_size: 16

bdev_list: [/tmp/daos-bdev]

helloworld@...

Johann, Thank you for replying it

Of course I already loaded the uio_pci_generic kernel module.

Now, Im using only SCM based on RAM emulation, not using NVMe SSD emulation
So then it works now

However I'd like to use NVMe SSD emulation based on RAM...
How can I fix it?

Lombardi, Johann

Hi,

Just to confirm, you are running docker on Linux, right?

Could you please try to run the SPDK init script manually and send me the output?