Please find below the DAOS community newsletter for December 2021.
Past Events (November)
- 2.0.0 RC2 was tagged (v2.0.0-rc2) earlier this week.
- The only difference with 2.0.0 RC1 is the log4j CVE update in the Hadoop connector (not included in the RPMs).
- Master is the development branch for the future 2.2 release.
- Major recent 2.0 changes:
- Integrate libfabric fix for fi_cancel()
- Bump log4j-core version to 2.16.0 in the Hadoop connector
- Fix a race between EC aggregation and reintegrate operation exposed by soak testing
- Many documentation updates that will be on http://docs.daos.io soon
- Add new recipes and scripts to install RPMs and run DAOS in docker containers
- Fix a memory registration issue with verbs & rebuild
- Quiet group version mismatch errors at pool creation
- Fix a SWIM regression introduced recently
- Fix a bulk leak on error path
- Refactor DAOS object ID to encode the number of groups/shards and improve performance
- Add interception for openat
- Lock memory only for VOS pools instead of using mlockall
- Major recent master changes:
- Add new logic for punch propagation to accelerate empty directory removal
- Restructure usage of hwloc in the control plane
- Add CXI support to netdetect
- Several VMD-related fixes
- Rework how we use GitHub actions
- Add new interface to create (and track) a ABT ULT (sched_create_ult())
- Several DTX enhancements
- What is coming:
- Major features under development:
- Checksum scrubbing
- LDMS plugin to export DAOS metrics (targeted for 2.2)
- API to collect libdaos metrics to be integrated with Darshan (targeted for 2.4)
- Multi-user dfuse (targeted for 2.2)
- More aggressive caching in dfuse for AI APPs (targeted for 2.2)
- TensorFlow-IO plugin for DFS
- MariaDB DAOS engine with predicate pushdown to the DAOS storage nodes
- Leveraging the Intel Data Streaming Accelerator (DSA) to accelerate DAOS
- Prototype leveraging DSA for VOS aggregation delivered
- The documentation is migrating to use the “mike” plugin from MkDocs for multi-version support
- DAOS landing page now available on intel.com
- Article on how to use PyDAOS from Eduardo and Eeheet
- We welcome Cedric Koch-Hofer (France) and Lei Huang (TX, USA) to the Intel DAOS team. Cedric and Lei join us as full-stack engineers.
- We welcome Ray Dennis (NM, USA) to the Intel DAOS. Ray is joining our DevOps team.
Intel Corporation SAS (French simplified joint stock company)
Registered headquarters: "Les Montalets"- 2, rue de Paris,
92196 Meudon Cedex, France
Registration Number: 302 456 199 R.C.S. NANTERRE
Capital: 4,572,000 Euros
This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential material for
the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review or distribution
by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies.