Please find below the DAOS community newsletter for September 2021.
- 5th EAGE workshop on HPC for Upstream (September 6-8)
Leveraging DAOS file system for seismic data storage.
Merna Moawad, Amr Nasr, Omar Marzouk, Mohamed AlHarouni (Brightskies)
Johann Lombardi, Mohamad Chaarawi, Philippe Thierry (Intel)
- 19th workshop on HPC in meteorology (September 20-24) with two DAOS presentations:
- First Experiences with CDI-PIO on DAOS
Michael HENNECKE, Christoph POSPIECH (Lenovo), Sigrun EGGERLING
Thomas Mr JAHNS, Panagiotis ADAMIDIS (DKRZ)
- Accelerating Storage with Optane & DAOS
Johann Lombardi (Intel)
Nicolau Manubens (ECMWF)
- LAD’21 (September 28-30)
Kevin Harms (ALCF)
Johann Lombardi, Bruno Faccini (Intel)
DAOS User Group (DUG’21) at SC'21 - details coming soon!
- We continue to make good progress towards our 2.0 release with a new test build (see v1.3.105-tb) tagged last week.
- Major recent changes:
- dmg & daos utility uniformization along with many usability improvements
- supports for pool and container labels (no need to use UUID any longer!)
- the DAOS engine is now maintaining a list of a pre-registered buffers for RDMA to boost read/write performance.
- dfuse now officially supports writeback caching.
- Interception library now supports an environment variable to log interception activity.
- Many erasure code fixes
- Engine metrics can be exported via Prometheus.
- SPDK upgrade to v21.07
- Mercury upgrade to v2.0.1
- What is coming:
- Fixes, fixes and more fixes.
- Major features under development:
- Checksum scrubbing
- LDMS plugin to export DAOS metrics
- API to collect libdaos metrics to be integrated with Darshan
- Multi-user dfuse
- MariaDB DAOS engine with predicate pushdown to the DAOS storage nodes.
- Leveraging the Intel Data Streaming Accelerator (DSA) to accelerate DAOS
Intel Corporation SAS (French simplified joint stock company)
Registered headquarters: "Les Montalets"- 2, rue de Paris,
92196 Meudon Cedex, France
Registration Number: 302 456 199 R.C.S. NANTERRE
Capital: 4,572,000 Euros
This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential material for
the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review or distribution
by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies.