Topics

daos_agent default values

Kevan Rehm

Greetings,

In file utils/config/daos_agent.yml the comments say that the default value for runtime_dir is /var/run/daos_agent and the default value for log_file is /tmp/daos_agent.log.   I don’t think this is true.   Given the text, I left the lines commented out in my latest config assuming I would get the defaults, but found that the daos_agent created its agent.sock file in ~daos, and it did not create a log file.   When I un-comment the two lines, the agent works as expected.

Seems like either the comments in that file should be changed, or daos_agent should honor those defaults.

Thanks, Kevan

Macdonald, Mjmac

Hi Kevan.

What is the commit you’re working with? There was an agent config bug introduced in 2836ae4 and fixed in 12dfe6b.

Best,

mjmac

In file utils/config/daos_agent.yml the comments say that the default value for runtime_dir is /var/run/daos_agent and the default value for log_file is /tmp/daos_agent.log.   I don’t think this is true.   Given the text, I left the lines commented out in my latest config assuming I would get the defaults, but found that the daos_agent created its agent.sock file in ~daos, and it did not create a log file.   When I un-comment the two lines, the agent works as expected.

Seems like either the comments in that file should be changed, or daos_agent should honor those defaults.

Thanks, Kevan

Kevan Rehm

Yes that is the problem.  I have the bug commit but not the fix commit.   Can’t move forward at the moment, chasing another issue.

Thanks for the help,

Kevan