Please find below the DAOS community newsletter for March 2022.
Past Events (February)
- Current stable release is 2.0.1 and 2.0.2 is under development.
- Master is the development branch for the future 2.2 release.
- Major recent
2.0 changes to be available in 2.0.2:
- Build go code shipped in RPM with go >= 1.17
- Fix a bug with key enumeration and multiple shards
- Many documentation fixes (e.g. fix broken links)
- Use larger ABT stack for NVMe poll ULT
- Reject integer keys that are smaller than 8 bytes
- Update the C-based raft implementation to pick a membership fix
- Disable dfuse-level readahead when FUSE is configured in writeback mode and already drive readahead from the kernel.
- Major recent master changes:
- Fix a problem between mercury and libfabric causing some bulk transfers to be stuck indefinitely
- Reduce CPU load caused by the engine when DAOS system is idle
- Add support for owner/group to libdfs
- Automatically calculate the required number of huge pages
- Several VMD and SSD hotplug fixes
- Document the need to disable shared received context for Intel E810-C cards
- Rewrite of the netdetect module
- Add UCX support to the manual (non RPM) build infrastructure
- What is coming:
- 2.0.2 validation
- 2.2.0 feature freeze
- Major features under development:
- Checksum scrubbing
- UCX support
- LDMS plugin to export DAOS metrics (targeted for 2.2)
- API to collect libdaos metrics to be integrated with Darshan (targeted for 2.4)
- Multi-user dfuse (targeted for 2.4)
- More aggressive caching in dfuse for AI APPs (targeted for 2.4)
- TensorFlow-IO plugin for DFS
- MariaDB DAOS engine with predicate pushdown to the DAOS storage nodes
- Leveraging the Intel Data Streaming Accelerator (DSA) to accelerate DAOS
- Prototype leveraging DSA for VOS aggregation delivered
- S3 support via a DAOS backend to Rados Gateway (RGW)
- GPU data path optimizations
See https://events.linuxfoundation.org/sodacode/ for more information.
Intel Corporation SAS (French simplified joint stock company)
Registered headquarters: "Les Montalets"- 2, rue de Paris,
92196 Meudon Cedex, France
Registration Number: 302 456 199 R.C.S. NANTERRE
Capital: 4,572,000 Euros
This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential material for
the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review or distribution
by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies.