Need More Info from DUNS Attribute

Zhang, Jiafu

Hi Guys,

Currently, there are only three info set to duns attribute of UNS path. They are FS type, pool UUID and container UUID. It’s enough for dfuse since dfuse’s server group and service ranks are used to connect to the pool. Do you know if Lustre will use the same way to connect to pool ?

For Hadoop DAOS, customer seems not want to keep additional info outside of UNS path. Can we expand the duns attribute ("user.daos") to hold more info, like server group and pool service ranks? Or we can use another attribute name, for example, “user.daos.hadoop”, to hold even more application info, like read and write buffer size?

Thanks.