From: <daos@daos.groups.io> on behalf of "Farrell, Patrick Arthur" <patrick.farrell@...>
Reply to: "daos@daos.groups.io" <daos@daos.groups.io>
Date: Monday, 27 April 2020 at 17:18
To: "daos@daos.groups.io" <daos@daos.groups.io>
Subject: [daos] FUSE Build & 'distro' module

Good morning,

The latest commit breaks the build on Python2 (not sure about Python3) unless the 'distro' module has been installed.

---

commit e80d0321f1deee43de61fd50350a08f142faa713

Author: Brian J. Murrell <brian.murrell@...>

Date:   Mon Apr 27 09:21:25 2020 -0400

    DAOS-4569 build: Use distro provided fuse (#2455)

    However build fuse on Ubuntu < 20.

    Since EL7 and Leap/SLES 15 have fuse3 in them, require fuse3-devel be

    installed on those platforms.

    Signed-off-by: Brian J. Murrell <brian.murrell@...>

---

This is pretty easy to get past - just install distro from pypi - but I wanted to note it.  (The failure is just a Python crash in scons, not graceful.)

Regards,

-Patrick

Intel Corporation (UK) Limited
Registered No. 1134945 (England)