From: daos@daos.groups.io [mailto:daos@daos.groups.io] On Behalf Of Murrell,
Brian
Sent: 23 January 2023 09:20 PM
To: daos@daos.groups.io
Subject: Re: [daos] DAOS server rpm installation failure

On Mon, 2023-01-23 at 10:06 +0530, Krishnalal K K wrote:
Hi,
Hi.

I am using the same guide u mentioned. I am using Rocky Linux 8.6.

  - nothing provides fuse3-libs >= 3.4.2 needed by daos-client-2.2.0-
4.el7.x86_64
^^^
You appear to be installing the EL7 packages on EL8. You should be
installing the EL8 packages as Rocky Linux 8.6 is an EL8 distro.

Specifically, you need to follow the 'For EL8:' not 'For CentOS7:'
sections of the guide
(https://docs.daos.io/v2.2/QSG/setup_rhel/#rpm-installation).

Cheers,
b.

[ C-DAC is on Social-Media too. Kindly follow us at:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CDACINDIA & Twitter: @cdacindia ]

This e-mail is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended
and the original message. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure,
dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email is strictly
prohibited and appropriate legal action will be taken.