Announcement: DAOS 2.2 is generally available

Poddubnyy, Ivan

The DAOS team would like to announce the release of DAOS Version 2.2.

It is a major release containing the following new features and improvements:

  • Rocky Linux 8 and Alma Linux 8 support have been added
  • CentOS Linux 8 support is removed
  • Support for the libfabric/tcp provider is added. It replaces libfabric/sockets
  • UCX support has been added (Technology Preview)
  • Interoperability of DAOS 2.2 with DAOS 2.0
  • Intel VMD devices are now supported in the control plane
  • POSIX containers (DFS) now support file modification time (mtime)

The release also contains a number of the bugfixes and stability improvements.

With the release of DAOS 2.2, the previous version – DAOS 2.0.3 – is now declared End-Of-Life.

The complete list of changes can be found here: https://docs.daos.io/v2.2/release/release_notes/

There are several resources available for the release:

RPM Repositories: https://packages.daos.io/v2.2/

Admin Guide: https://docs.daos.io/v2.2/admin/hardware/

User Guide: https://docs.daos.io/v2.2/user/workflow/

Architecture Overview: https://docs.daos.io/v2.2/overview/architecture/

Source Code: https://github.com/daos-stack/daos/releases/

Thank you,

Ivan Poddubnyy

DAOS Customer Enablement and Support Manager

Super Compute Storage Architecture and Development Division

Intel