dmg pool operation stuck

Allen

Hi All:
I installed DAOS from Scratch on ubuntu 20.04. When creating a pool after storage format, the create operation is stuck.
The "dmg" terminal only printed this message:
$ dmg -i storage format
Format Summary:
  Hosts SCM Devices NVMe Devices
  ----- ----------- ------------
  sw2   1           1
$ dmg -i storage scan
Hosts SCM Total       NVMe Total
----- ---------       ----------
sw2   0 B (0 modules) 4.0 TB (1 controller)
$ dmg -i storage query usage
Hosts SCM-Total SCM-Free SCM-Used NVMe-Total NVMe-Free NVMe-Used
----- --------- -------- -------- ---------- --------- ---------
sw2   0 B       0 B      N/A      0 B        0 B       N/A
$ dmg -i storage query
ERROR: dmg: Please specify one command of: device-health, list-devices, list-pools, target-health or usage
$ dmg -i storage query list-devices
Errors:
  Hosts Error
  ----- -----
  sw2   DAOS I/O Engine instance not started or not responding on dRPC
ERROR: dmg: 1 host had errors
$ dmg -i storage query list-pools
Errors:
  Hosts Error
  sw2   DAOS I/O Engine instance not started or not responding on dRPC
ERROR: dmg: 1 host had errors
$ dmg -i pool create -z 10GB
Creating DAOS pool with automatic storage allocation: 10 GB NVMe + 6.00% SCM
ERROR: dmg: context deadline exceeded
And the "server" and "engine" did not print any messages, even though I set their log masks to debug.
I am new to daos. Please help me, thanks.