Re: Does Daos have a plan to support disk expansion without restart?

Lombardi, Johann

Hi Qiu,

We currently don’t support adding new SSDs to an existing storage node. Assuming that you have spare DIMM slots, SCM can be expanded if you take the engine offline and do a dump/restore of the SCM content. This cannot be done online/in-place.

From: <daos@daos.groups.io> on behalf of 尹秋霞 <yinqiux@...>
Date: Thursday 4 November 2021 at 09:15
To: "daos@daos.groups.io" <daos@daos.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [daos] Does Daos have a plan to support disk expansion without restart

Hi Johann

Thanks for your reply. I mean yea, add new SSDs to an existing storage node. Adding SSDs is more economical than  a new storage node so that  it may be more common.

By the way, is there any way to expand SCM on the existing storage node?

Regards,

Qiu

At 2021-11-04 06:00:02, "Lombardi, Johann" <johann.lombardi@...> wrote:

Hi Qiu,

Could you please elaborate on what you mean by disk expansion? We currently have support for quiescent pool expansion by adding new storage node(s). Are you considering adding new SSDs to an existing storage node?

From: <daos@daos.groups.io> on behalf of 尹秋霞 <yinqiux@...>
Date: Thursday 28 October 2021 at 04:34
To: "daos@daos.groups.io" <daos@daos.groups.io>

Hi DAOS,

I found that Daos does not support disk expansion. Is there any plan for disk expansion without restart?

Regards

Qiu