Re: Does Daos have a plan to support disk expansion without restart?

尹秋霞

Hi Johann,

Thanks for your reply. I mean yea, add new SSDs to an existing storage node. Adding SSDs is more economical than  a new storage node so that  it may be more common.
By the way, is there any way to expand SCM on the existing storage node?

Regards,
Qiu

At 2021-11-04 06:00:02, "Lombardi, Johann" <johann.lombardi@...> wrote:

Hi Qiu,

Could you please elaborate on what you mean by disk expansion? We currently have support for quiescent pool expansion by adding new storage node(s). Are you considering adding new SSDs to an existing storage node?

From: <daos@daos.groups.io> on behalf of 尹秋霞 <yinqiux@...>
Date: Thursday 28 October 2021 at 04:34
To: "daos@daos.groups.io" <daos@daos.groups.io>
Subject: [daos] Does Daos have a plan to support disk expansion without restart

Hi DAOS,

I found that Daos does not support disk expansion. Is there any plan for disk expansion without restart?

Regards

Qiu