Re: Question about Pool Size Expansion

shmatsuu@...

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your reply. I noted. Maybe I'm missing something here, but does this lead us to expanding the size of an existing pool?
For example, let's say we have a pool with uuid=puuid  and 100GB in size distributed over rank 0 and rank 1 now.
And, if we add a new server with rank2 with the following command, does it result in increasing the size of the pool with uuid=puuid to be more than 100GB?
To me, the following just results in distributing the data in the pool more horizontally, rank0-rank2?
dmg pool extend --pool=${puuid} --ranks=${rank2}
https://docs.daos.io/admin/pool_operations/#pool-extension

Thank you,
---
Shohei