Re: Creating a POSIX container first and opening it inside my code

Lombardi, Johann

Hi Lipeng,

Assuming that you are using 1.2, you can create a POSIX container with the daos utility:

$ daos cont create --pool <POOL_UUID> --type POSIX

You get back a container UUID that you can then pass to daos_cont_open() to open the container and then mount with dfs_mount() (see https://github.com/daos-stack/daos/blob/master/src/include/daos_fs.h#L121).

From: <daos@daos.groups.io> on behalf of "wanl via groups.io" <wanl@...>
Date: Tuesday 6 July 2021 at 17:00
To: "daos@daos.groups.io" <daos@daos.groups.io>
Subject: [daos] Creating a POSIX container first and opening it inside my code

Hi,

How to create a POSIX container first by calling "daos cont create" and then open it inside my code using "daos_cont_open()"? Should I pass some environment variables into my code?

Thanks,
Lipeng