From: daos@daos.groups.io <daos@daos.groups.io> On Behalf Of Lombardi, Johann
Sent: Monday, February 8, 2021 10:06 AM
To: daos@daos.groups.io
Subject: Re: [daos] Error in installing via Docker and help needed for integrating with REST API

Hi,

The dmg format command actually connects to the server to initiate the format. In your case, the server failed to start, so the “refused connection” is expected. I assume that you are running the server container with --privileged --cap-add=ALL -v /dev:/dev as specified in the documentation, right?

From: <daos@daos.groups.io> on behalf of "asharma@..." <asharma@...>
Date: Sunday 7 February 2021 at 14:46
To: "daos@daos.groups.io" <daos@daos.groups.io>

Hi Johann,

Thank you for all the help. The master definitely worked. And I was able to get a container running. Upon running: sudo docker exec server daos_server start -o /home/daos/daos/utils/config/examples/daos_server_local.yml to start the server. I get the following errors:

DAOS Server config loaded from /home/daos/daos/utils/config/examples/daos_server_local.yml

daos_server logging to file /tmp/daos_control.log

ERROR: server: code = 647 description = "requested 4096 hugepages; got 0"

ERROR: server: code = 647 resolution = "reboot the system or manually clear /dev/hugepages as appropriate"

I read on an older mail that these errors can be taken as warnings and can be ignored, the server would still run. is that right?
So I went ahead and tried to run: $ docker exec server dmg -i storage format.
But this command gives the following error: the server at localhost:10001 refused the connection

My understanding was if I use the daos_server_local.yml file, i do not need authentication as the config file sets the flag allow_insecure :true

My target is to just have a basic daos server running and be able to use management API on it. so that I can integrate my client application to interact with the daos server using the management API

Intel Corporation (UK) Limited
Registered No. 1134945 (England)
VAT No: 860 2173 47