Re: Error in installing via Docker and help needed for integrating with REST API

Lombardi, Johann

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion. The structure of the docker files was modified some time ago and we updated the documentation (in the source code too) accordingly, but the online github I/O pages have not been refreshed since. This explains the disconnection. Please run instead:

$ docker build https://github.com/daos-stack/daos.git#master -f utils/docker/Dockerfile.centos.7 -t daos

I have just tested it and it works.

@Durfey, Craig, could you please refresh the online documentation?

Regarding the management API, it is written in Go. For unknown reason, pkg.go.dev does not seem to be generating the documentation for our API any longer. I will get back to you ASAP on this.

From: <daos@daos.groups.io> on behalf of "asharma@..." <asharma@...>
Date: Thursday 4 February 2021 at 05:21
To: "daos@daos.groups.io" <daos@daos.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [daos] Error in installing via Docker and help needed for integrating with REST API

Hi Johann,
I ran the exact same command: docker build https://github.com/daos-stack/daos.git#master:utils/docker \ -f Dockerfile.centos.7 -t daos

My major use case of connecting my Python API with the DAOS storage is to access the "management API". I know with pydaos we can read and write KV pairs to store with keys and value both to be strings. But is there any way to perform management tasks from my rest APi by interacting with the DAOS system.