DAOS Distributed Transaction

Changwoo Min

Hi DAOS community!

I'm Changwoo Min, a professor at Virginia Tech. My group does research on persistent memory and storage systems. I found that DAOS is an exciting and cool project!

In particular, it is interesting to me that DAOS supports distributed transactions. I am wondering what the typical/intended use cases and applications of the distributed transaction are. Especially considering, as far as I know, DAOS will be deployed to HPC systems. I wonder if transactions can benefit any HPC/AI/ML/analytics applications. Any comments will be helpful.

Regards,
Changwoo Min