From: daos@daos.groups.io <daos@daos.groups.io> on behalf of Steffen Christgau <christgau@...>
Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2020 9:10 AM
To: daos@daos.groups.io <daos@daos.groups.io>
Subject: [daos] RPM issues on CentOS 7.8

Hi everyone,

first, I really appreciate the availability of the RPMs for installing
DAOS. This really simplifies setting up a working system. I've tried
them and, in principle, succeeded to install DAOS. Nevertheless, I
haven't configured the system and thus haven't started it yet since
there are two minor issues I encountered and which I want to clearify
before continuing.

I'm using CentOS 7.8.2003, epel-release is already installed and up to
date. If I follow the admin guide and then do

yum install *

after unpacking the rpms I end up with the following conflicts:

Transaction check error:
  file /usr/lib64/libabt.so.0.0.0 conflicts between attempted installs
of libabt0-1.0rc1-2.el7.x86_64 and argobots-1.0rc1-5.el7.x86_64
  file /usr/include/abt.h conflicts between attempted installs of
argobots-devel-1.0rc1-5.el7.x86_64 and libabt-devel-1.0rc1-2.el7.x86_64
  file /usr/lib64/libabt.a conflicts between attempted installs of
argobots-devel-1.0rc1-5.el7.x86_64 and libabt-devel-1.0rc1-2.el7.x86_64

libabt and argobots provide the same content but different versions with
argobots appearing to be more recent than libabt. Thus, I deleted the
package for the latter and also libabt-devel since it requires the
libabt package. After that I could install the other rpms.

Just to be sure: Can the libabt package really be dropped or will it be
missed by some component?

In addition: Are the developer packages really required to setup a
working system? I removed all '*devel*' rpms and did 'install *' which
succeeded as well.

Looking forward for your responses.

Regards,

Steffen